Peru Jungle tours
Our jungle tours start with a boat ride along the river looking for wildlife and then, search for alligators and find one of the most exciting wild animals such as black caimans, giant river otters, macaws and toucan. You can have a snooze on the hammocks with a spectacular view from your room. Listen to the sounds of the rainforest as you spend your night in an extremely different surrounding.
SUGGESTED JUNGLE TOURS
3 DAYS/2 NIGHT
DAY 1 JUNGLE TOURS
- Upon your arrival at the airport, your Peru tour guide will assist you.
- Then, go to the tour office in Puerto Maldonado. There, you will get some relevant information about your trip in the Amazon before heading to the river port.
Tambopata river tour wildlife searching, sunset, caiman searching.
- Begin the journey by boat looking for three-toed sloths frequently spotted on the treetops on the banks.
- Continue on the Tambopata River, find more wildlife such as capybaras, river turtles, many species of fish-eating birds, shorebirds and parrots.
- Enjoy a captivating view of the sunset from the boat. Tambopata river has one of the most outstanding landscapes at sunset time.
- Around twilight, see some of the species that come out to hunt such as alligators, nighthawks, frogs, and snakes. They are more sensitive to low light and adapt themselves to these conditions.
- Upon arrival at the lodge, you’ll settle in your private cabins.
- Dinner will be served at the restaurant of the lodge accompanied a refreshing drink of seasonal fruits.
- Overnight at the lodge listening to the sounds of the jungle.
Checklist for Tambopata River tour:
- Two-toed sloth
- Spectacled Cayman
- Snowy egret
- Side necked turtle
- Chestnut-fronted macaw
Lake Sandoval, Tambopata National Reserve
- At sunrise, reach the lake by taking a boat from the lodge.
- Then, walk 45 minutes (3 km) from the riverside deep into the jungle and reach the swampy area of the lake. On your way, you might get to spot some species of butterflies, lizards, monkeys, squirrels and blue and yellow macaws.
- At the end of the final stretch, you’ll reach the lake by canoe.
- After a small maze, you’ll get to the sanctuary which is part of Tambopata National Reserve. Lake Sandoval is a wildlife refuge that is home for many species such as giant river otters, black caimans, turtles and many exotic birds.
- Have a meal by the lake in a basic house, then rest in the hammocks to recharge energies. It is worth spending a day at the Tambopata National Reserve.
- Relish lunch served at the restaurant in the lodge accompanied by a refreshing drink of seasonal fruits.
- After a busy morning at the Tambopata Reserve. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon at the pool and bar at the lodge.
- Around sunset, explore the Amazon rainforest with flashlights, to find weird such species as stick insects, leaf-grasshoppers, tree frogs, snakes, night monkey, kinkajou and many spiders and tarantulas.
Checklist for this tour:
- Giant river otter
- Black cayman
- Capuchin monkey, squirrel monkey, red howler monkey, tamarin monkey, titi monkey
- Red-bellied macaw, blue and yellow macaw
- Tiger heron, cocoi heron, agami heron
- Water turtle
- Paiche fish, piranha
Parrots Clay lick “La Cachuela”
- At sunrise, travel by boat from the lodge to the parrots clay lick, it will take approx. one hour.
- The clay licks in Tambopata are bare cliffs that contain rich deposits of salts and minerals. These minerals are very essential in the diet of the parrots. They gather on top of the trees, go down to eat the clay and then, they go to the forest and come back the next day.
- After watching the birds, return to the lodge for breakfast. On your way to the lodge, stop to look for sloths on top of the trees.
- Enjoy breakfast, served at the restaurant in the lodge accompanied with the juice of seasonal fruits.
- Check out, then we will drive you to the airport.
Checklist for this tour:
- Blue-headed macaw
- Red-bellied macaw
- Chestnut-fronted macaw
- Blue-headed parrot
- Orange-cheeked parrot
- White-bellied parrot
- Mealy parrot
- Dusky-headed parakeet
- Cobalt winged parakeet
JUNGLE TOUR PHOTOS
Private chalet: One double bed in one room, balcony with hammock, hot water shower, electricity 24 hours, ceiling fan, frigobar, room service.
Canopy observation tower
Panoramic view of the river and trail system
Bar and dining room area
Dinner, breakfast, lunch (All inclusive)
Taxis & boat transports
Licensed English speaking Peruvian tour guide
Entrance to Tambopata National Reserve
For a better experience it is recommended that you bring the following list of items:
Insect repellent (deet)
Sun cover and protection (sunlight is very strong all year round)
Hat or Cap
Trekking pants, long sleeves, t-shirt, shorts, swimming suit, flip-flops
Rain cover, rain gear, plastic poncho
Bottle to refill water
TERMS AND CONDITIONS JUNGLE TOURS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS, LA HABANA AMAZON RESERVE , VERY IMPORTANT All our jungle tours are develop in the rainforest, please understand that there are risks like in any other activities. Please always follow the instructions of your guide and do not push the activities, he/she will know what to do to minimize the risks and keep you safe. We have a canopy tower of 25 meters tall wich is periodically inspected by our staff and the manager makes sure it happens, even so, it is your responsibility to use it or not and LA HABANA AMAZON RESERVE does not have responsibility in case accidents or injury during the use of our tower. Please make sure you have the adequate travel insurance, not just the one provided by credit cards most of the times those insurances are not sufficient. We kindly ask you for to make sure your insurance cover all activities you plan to do because all policies does not cover all. LA HABANA AMAZON RESERVE is a trademark of TAMBOPATA AMAZON PERU SRL. and provide direct services to all our customers who buy our tour packages but we DO NOT cover any injury or extra expenses because the use of some medicine ( like the malaria pills) or the accidents because the customer uses drugs or to much alcohol at the bar. Our tour company makes sure we have everything necessary to provide a quality and safe product It is your responsibility to ensure that you have valid passports, visas and re-entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be your sole responsibility.
ABOUT OUR JUNGLE TOURS WE PROVIDE We want to make sure you understand that our tours are name 3 days and 2 nights, 4 days and 3 nights or similar ones, THIS DOES NOT HAVE A LITERAL MEANING, all tour companies name the tours like that with a meaning that it starts at midmorning or midday the first day and ends the last day usually after breakfast this is use universal in the CHECK IN and OUT , La Habana Amazon Reserve wants to make sure you understand that 3 days and 2 nights does not mean 3 complete days from morning to late afternoon. Just to be clear with all our customers. With our commitment to provide good service we will do our best in order to customize your tour in the best way for you and your arrival and departure times, but this depends if the group has same flights or departures times, if not the guide or a member of the staff will let you know in advance. In case the customer for any reason want to leave the tour or lodge without finishing the tour programme there is no REFUND, the transportation is out of the itinerary and the cost of it will be charge to the customer. We recommend to choose the early flights to arrive and the late departures but this is just a recommendation, it is on the customer to choose the flight that helps them in the best way. If you arrive by bus, we wait for you at the bus station, and the tours start by midmorning or midday when the other guests arrive by plane in case there is any. ABOUT THE PAYMENT At the moment we have an inquire of the customers and the reservation is made we will ask you for a pre-payment , this is usually 100 american dollars and in case you buy our tours with flight included , we will ask you for the complete payment of the flight and 100 dollars of prepayment. This payment should be using PAYPAL, please ask for the invoice of payment, so we will send it to you or if you prefer send us money to email@example.com as part of the pre-payment, please remember to cover the 7% of commission charge by paypal. Paypal (107 dollars per person, so we get the 100 dollars per person, thanks). Other method of to do the pre-payment is using WESTERN UNION or MONEYGRAM to my name, it is as follows: First name JESUS ALBERTO Paternal name MENDEZ Maternal name TORRES PASAJE CARLOS BRIOLO S/N, MZ. C, LT. 3, ASENTAMIENTO HUMANO JOSE ALDAMIZ, TAMBOPATA-TAMBOPATA-MADRE DE DIOS In any case they will provide you a transference code. They call it MTCN code, please send us this code to be able to pick up the money. The remain pay, you will do it at your arrival in cash or with VISA or MASTERCARD (it has a charge of 5% for money transferences). In case bank deposit it can be in name of our enterprise it is as follows: BANK NAME: El Banco de Crédito del Perú (BCP) SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL ACCOUNT NUMBER: 00248513451671013118 (U.S. DOLLARS) ACCOUNT NAME: JESUS ALBERTO MENDEZ TORRES Note that deposit between banks has a high percentage of fee usually more than 15%. And this is cover by the customer. The remain payment can be done with credicard VISA or MASTERCARD in both cases we charge 5% more of card commission. You can also do it in cash with American dollars or soles at the day rate. REFUND LA HABANA AMAZON RESERVE understand that our customers may cancel the trips for a good reasons, this may be health, accidents or any other case, we just want to make sure you understand that we pay out a lot of things up front such as entrance fees to the reserve and park which are usually between 20 to 50 dollars per person, the guides we work with are the best and we have to pay them NO-show fee, so in case you cancel 30 days before we can give back the 100% of the pre-payment, less than a month until 15 days before the arrival 50% of the prepayment. Less than 15 days no refund.