FULL DAY LAGO SANDOVAL TAMBOPATA
Get ready for the adventure in the Peruvian Amzon. Lake Sandoval is located few time from the city of Puerto Maldonado by boat . The full day Lago Sandoval is a great opportunity to visit a Natural Sanctuary. Enjoy watching amazing wild animals in their natural habitat. The Tambopata National is a very important protected zone that contains a large range biodiversity.
Itineary Full Day Lago Sandoval
- The taxi driver will go to your hotel and pick up the group. Then you’ll go to a private jetty to embark a boat on the Madre de Dios river towars the rangers checkpoint to enter the Tambopata National Reserve conservation area. Then you’ll hike three kilometers into the beautiful floodplain primary forest. The jungle walks are suitable for spotting howler monkeys and large blue and yellow macaws. The tour guide will also explain about the flora and fauna and the rainforest topics.First part finished
- On the second part you’ll connect the palm-swamp forest throughout a very narrow way to lake.
- The imppresive landscape emerges in your eyes as soon as the Lake comes along.
- Enjoy the canoe tour on the lake looking for bunch of wild animals. Lago Sandoval is also a refuge zone for many endangered species. You could get to see black caimans and also a group family of giant river otters swimming and fishing in their habitat.
- Look for the enigmatic bird called shansho or hoatzin, they have a distinctive digestive tract in all the amazonian birds. They cultivate a sort of microorganisms in their stomach that improves the digestion in their metabolism.
- Complete the journey when you get to the house of the locals to relish a delicious and energetic breakfast with the panoranic outlook to the Lake.
- You’re welcome to go swimming to refresh your morning. Then we can continue the exploration.
- We start going back by the other side of the lake to see more birds, water turtles, capuchin monkeys, squirrel monkeys and more.
- By the time we start going back, groups of people will show up on the lake. We reccommend to visit the lake very early in the morning so as not to run into lots of tourists at noon.
- We’ll walk back to the river to catch up with the boat that will takes up to Puerto Maldonado.
Important facts Full Day Lago Sandoval
- The day-trip Lago Sandoval is a nature tour operated 100 % by us. We guarantee an exceptional experience! A tour highly recommended to all the people passionated by the natural wonders living in the peruvian amazon.
- It’s all inclusive services that include Transportation pick up and drop off, packaged meal, English tour guide, all tickets of entrance to the Tambopata National Reserve.
- Lake Sandoval tour begings at 5:00 pick up until 13:00 pm return.
- Some times we share the group with other people. In case you’de like a private tour you should tell us in advance.
- Vegetarian and vegan options avaible.
Things you should take with you for the tour
- Drink a least 2 liters of water.
- Bring insect repelent, sunscreen, hat or cap and solar protection.
- Wear outdoors clothings, light hiking shoes.
- Cameras, if you could afford for binoculars use 8×42 optics.
- Carry some cash in your pocket. You´d like to buy something.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Pick up & drop off
- Boat transportation
- English tour guide
- Entrance tickets
- wake up call
- bottled water
SEND US YOUR QUERIES AND WE WILL REPLY ASAP[formidable id=1]
You can contact us via what’sapp to request the Offer of the day (10% discount). Click here