TOKON HOMESTAY 3 DAYS/ 2 NIGHTS ITINERARY
Tambopata National Reserve, TOKON HOMESTAY 3 days/2 nights all inclusive program
- Reception at airport, then you will be driven to the port on river Madre de Dios.
- We recommend to bring with you a backpack with belongings necesary for the 3 days trip.
- We’ll take a boat then navigate 35 minutes down river watching the greatest view.
- Once we reached the entrance to Tambopata National reserve. We’ll hike along an interpretative trail approximately three kilometers to get to Lake Sandoval.
- We’ll cross a palm-swamp area paddling on a small wooden canoe looking for caimans and herons on the flooded forest.
- The beautiful lake opens up a little more, so there will be more activity of birds susch as the enigmatic hoatzin, cormorants, kingfishers.
- We’ll go around the lake to get to the family guest house on time for lunch.
- Enjoy a delicious peruvian meal watching the wonderful view of the Lake.
- In the afternoon we’ll walk in primary forest looking for wildlife and the guide will explain about the plants and the trees.
- When it gets dark, you’ll turn on your flashlights to look for the night creatures that come out in the darkness.
- Then dinner will be serve in the restaurant at the guest house.
- Overnight looking at the starry night and listening to the sounds of the rainforest by night.
- Early wake up listening to red howler monkeys and wild turkeys on the trees.
- We’ll go to the lake looking for the giang river otters. Hopefully we could see these endangered specie swimming and fishing at the lake. We also have good chances to see turtles sunbathing on the logs and monkeys on the trees.
- Back to the lodge to enjoy the breakfast.
- Around mid-morning we’ll do walk to look for monkeys behind the lodge.
- Lunch will be served in the restaurant at the lodge.
- In the afternoon we’ll visit the canopy tower located on the edge of the lake to watch the sunset.
- At dusk you’ll go to the lake again looking for the caimans using a flashight to see the red eyes reflecting in the dark.
- Dinner will be served in the restaurant at the lodge.
- Early morning excursion to the palm swamp to watch parrots, small macaws and parakeets that often come to the area to eat a special diet based on fruits and tree bark.
- A wrapped breakfast will be taken at the same place.
- We’ll walk back to the river to take the boat.
- Around mid-morning we’ll visit the small rustic house to greet an indigenous family group Machiguengas located by the river side.
- Then lunch will be served in a different location.
- We’ll go back to Puerto Maldonado, then go to visit Lago Yacumama, fishing for piranhas, sights of parrots and small green macaws. Enjoy a breathtaking sunset at the location.